March 22, 2019
Ticket Prices: $32 (advance) - $38 (event date)
With her lilting and lucid voice, Molly Tuttle speaks softly, but when she creates music that is truly original and unmistakably hers, her quietness turns charmingly bold as her rock-solid bluegrass songs take on a brash, but beautiful originality. A virtuoso multi-instrumentalist and award winning songwriter with a distinctive voice, Molly has turned the heads of even the most seasoned industry professionals. She began performing on stage when she was 11, and recorded her first album, The Old Apple Tree, at age 13. Molly has appeared on A Prairie Home Companion, Hardly Strictly Bluegrass, was featured on the cover of Flatpicking Guitar Magazine, won first place in the prestigious Chris Austin Songwriting Competition at Merlefest and last fall received a Momentum Award from the International Bluegrass Music Association in the instrumentalist category. This year, she is nominated for 3 IBMA Awards, earning her the distinction of being the first female to be nominated in the Guitar Player of the Year. Molly’s lovely voice, impeccable guitar playing, and sensitive song writing make her a star on the rise.
- Recorded her first CD at age 13
- 2012 - Won 1st place in General songwriting category - Merlefest – song: Walden
- 2014 – Graduate of Berklee College of Music (Boston)
- 2015 – On cover of Flatpicking Guitar magazine
- 2016 IBMA Momentum Award win – for guitar
- 2017 Released her first EP – RISE
- 2017 – On cover of Acoustic Guitar magazine
- October 2017 – Signed with Compass Records
- 2017 IBMA – 3 nominations (International Bluegrass Music Association)
- Emerging Artist - Female Vocalist - Guitar Player
- 2017 Breaks record – 1st female to be nominated and WIN Guitar player of the year!!!
- 2018 – One year exhibit at Country Music Hall of Fame
- 2018 International Folk Music Awards – Song of the year win! You Didn't Call My Name
- 2018 – Americana Music Association – is nominated – Instrumentalist of the year (award show in September)
- She has over 5 million YouTube views
- Summer 2018 - she performed at the Celebrity Theater at Dollywood
- Summer 2018 - Grand Ole Opry debut - standing ovation!!
- 2018 IBMA nominations announced: 6 nominations! Emerging Artist – Female Vocalist – Guitar Player – Album of the Year (Rise) – Song of the Year – (You Didn’t Call My Name) Recorded Event – Swept Away; (award show in Sept.);
"....Molly Tuttle....sings with the gentle authority of Gillian Welch, yet plays astoundingly fleet flat-picking guitar like Chet Atkins on superdrive. -Paul Zollo, American Songwriter Magazine